Day 5 Highlights
Game 1 – New York 16 – Maryland 1
– New York built upon its lead with two runs in the third. Jordan Owens kicked things off with a triple, bringing home Jude Abbadessa. That was followed up by Justin Ryan’s single, plating Owens.
– New York scored six runs in the sixth on a two-run double by Michael Mancini, an error, a groundout by Abbadessa, and a two-run single by Owens.
– Abbadessa got the win for New York. He allowed one run over 3 2/3 innings, struck out three, walked four and gave up four hits.
– New York added four more runs in the top of the fourth. Billy Dundon singled, scoring Bryce Sinclair to start the inning.
Game 2 – Massachusetts 4 – Vermont 3
– Aiden Rodriguez scored on a passed ball to give Massachusetts the walk-off win over Vermont
– Rodriguez was hot from the plate for Massachusetts. He went 2-2, drove in one and scored one run. He singled in the fourth and sixth innings.
– Danny Hannigan brought the heat against Vermont during his outing. Vermont managed just two hits off of Hannigan, who allowed one earned run, walked three and struck out six during his 5 2/3 innings of work.
Game 3 – Rhode Island 5 – Maine 1
– Alexander Ferranti had a busy day at the plate, collecting two extra-base hits. He doubled in the first and third innings.
– Brendan Hill kept contact to a minimum, striking out eight Maine batters. H allowed one earned run, three hits and two walks over four innings.
– Rhode Island scored three in the third on an RBI double by Ferranti, an RBI double by Hill, and an RBI single by Nathan Kelly.