Day 4 Highlights
Game 1 – Delaware 13 – Maryland 1
– A seven-run explosion in the second inning spurred Team Delaware 9/10 to a 13-1 win in four innings over Team Maryland 9/10 at Michael P. Varrato Field on Tuesday.
– Deakins shut down Maryland while he was on the bump. Maryland managed just one hit off of the Delaware’s pitcher, who allowed no earned runs, walked two and struck out four during his two innings of work.
– Evan Bouldin, Blair, and Smith combined for 8 hits and 6 RBI
Game 2 – New Hampshire 14 – Maine 8
– Eleven runs in the opening three innings allowed New Hampshire to put away Maine. A two-run single by Cam McGonigle, a walk by Brooks Craigue, a passed ball, and a two-run single by Noah Brent in the second inning helped New Hampshire put some runs on the board early.
– Craigue led New Hampshire’s offensive threat, as he got on base four times in the game. He scored two runs and had three RBIs.
– Maine jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first. A single by Sullivan to bring home Peter O’Brien started the inning off. Maine then tacked on more runs when L scored on a sacrifice fly by Thomas Donahue.
Game 3 – New York 13 – Pennsylvania 2
– With 10 runs in the first three innings, New York left no doubt about the eventual outcome.
– An RBI single by Jude Abbadessa, a two-run double by Conner Rush, and an error during the first inning and an error, an RBI single by R, an RBI single byJustin Ryan, a two-run single by Jayden Fanara, and a groundout by Bryce Sinclair in the second inning supplied the early offense for New York.
– Michael Mancini got the win for New York. He allowed two runs over four innings. M struck out six, walked none and gave up four hits.
Game 4 – Connecticut 13 – Massachusetts 2
– Connecticut scored in the third on an RBI triple by Jackson Bufmack, a passed ball, a sacrifice fly by Colin Anderson, a two-run double by Cameran McGugan, an RBI double by Jason Erb, and an error.
– McGugan racked up four RBIs on two hits for Connecticut
– Anderson recorded the win for Connecticut. He allowed two runs over three innings while striking out six, walking one and gaving up three hits.