Day 1 Tournament Highlights
Game 1 – Connecticut 6 – Maine 4
– Cameran McGugan went a perfect 3-3 at the plate for Team Connecticut 9/10. He singled in the first and third innings and doubled in the fourth inning.
– Team Maine 9/10 was led by a flawless day at the dish by Peter O’Brien, who went 3-3 against Team Connecticut 9/10’s pitching. He tripled in the second inning, singled in the fifth inning, and doubled in the sixth inning.
– Jason Erb recorded the win for Team Connecticut 9/10. He allowed three runs over 4 1/3 innings. He struck out six, walked three and surrendered four hits.
– The game’s last lead went to Team Connecticut 9/10 thanks to a first inning rally that saw two runs cross the plate on an RBI double by Nick Carney.
Game 2 – Pennsylvania 3 – Delaware 2
– Team Delaware 9/10 was led by Aidan Deakins’ hitting. Deakins went 1-3, drove in one and scored one run. He tripled in the sixth inning.
– The lead stayed with Team Pennsylvania 9/10 after the third, when it scored two runs on an RBI double by Brett Bonebrake and a groundout by Christian Reed.
Game 3 – New Jersey 10 – New York 5
– Ben Hoag reached base two times in the game for Team New Jersey 9/10. He scored two runs and had one RBI.
– Jude Abbadessa went 2-3, drove in one and scored two runs. He tripled in the first inning and singled in the third inning.
– Team New Jersey 9/10 managed just two hits off of Abbadessa, who allowed no earned runs, walked one and struck out four during his four innings of work.
– Tommy Finnegan racked up four RBIs on two hits for Team New Jersey 9/10. He singled in the fourth inning and doubled in the sixth inning.
Game 4 – Rhode Island 8 – Massachusetts
– Kaden Ethier had two extra base hits as Team Rhode Island 9/10 took home an 8-5 victory over Team Massachusetts 9/10 in six innings at Michael P. Varrato Field on Saturday.
– Billy Derrane got on base four times in the game for Team Massachusetts 9/10. He also drove in one runner. He singled in the fourth inning.
– The top of the first saw Team Massachusetts 9/10 take an early lead, 2-0. After Aiden Rodriguez singled, Team Massachusetts 9/10 kept the pressure on Team Rhode Island 9/10 pitching, as Jeff Charron doubled, plating Rodriguez and Cahill.
– Team Rhode Island 9/10 stayed on top until the final out after taking the lead in the second, scoring six runs on two doubles, a groundout by Danny Fish, and a two-run single by Synsere Fernandes.